The Rise And Reign Of Ottoman Empire
The Rise And Reign Of Ottoman Empire
The Ottoman Empire also known as Turkish Empire was founded by Osman I in c.1299 in Northwestern Asia just the South of Byzantine, capital Constantinople. The empire stretched through vast areas including Anatolia, Southwestern Europe, Mainland Greece, Iraq, Azerbaijan, Syria, Palestine, Egypt, Cyprus and Crete.
This Empire was renowned for strongest military power of all time.
Osman I initiated a war with the bordering Byzantine realm expanding his domains which fell after his death in 1326.
Osman's successors took over in the 14th century. Europeans fought with Ottomans but they failed. When the Turks clashed with the rival Timurid forces under the Turko-Mongol leader in 1402. The Ottomans were defeated and Sultan Bayezid I was captured.
Sultan Osman I
Sultan Suleyman I was the greatest Sultan of Ottoman Empire. He was also know as "Suleyman The Magnificent". His reign is called the empire's "Golden Age". Other best leaders of Ottoman Empire include Sultan Selim II and Murad III due to their achievements in their reigns.
Sultan Suleyman I
Sultan Selim II
Sultan Murad III
Ottoman Architecture:
Ottoman Architecture blew people's minds. It contains both Byzantine and Arabic styles and creates a unique blend.
Ottoman palaces like Topkapi Palace are great examples of Ottoman architecture. Other forms of art include calligraphy, decorative carpets, tiles and portraits. Poetry and music were also patronized by Ottoman rulers.
Topkapi Palace
Fall Of Ottoman Empire:
The Ottoman Empire sided with Germany in World War I (1914-1918). In 1922, the Empire was abolished by Mustafa Kemal Ataturk and that year Republic of Turkey was proclaimed.
Mustafa Kemal Ataturk World War I
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
Masha Allah great efforts
ReplyDeleteThe period of the Ottoman Empire is a period that gave rise to Islam. History can never forget this era. You have worked hard to collect so much material to increase our knowledge, it is commendable.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant . Indescribable, unforgettable, invincible, sublime. Proceed.
ReplyDeleteIt was one of the largest and most long-lasting empires in world history. Good effort,♥️
ReplyDelete